[Gimp-user] Brushes can't do random scatter?

I've tried to find a video on how to make a brush dynamic like
scatter, different rotations, sizes, etc........but I can't find one.

I've downloaded a few pearl images brushes, and can only seem to place
them on the page exactly the way they were originally, even though I
applied jitter to the brush. There just doesn't seem like there's a
lot of options unless I'm not seeing them? Even if I want to change
the angle of them, I would have to do that manually to every pearl I
put down?
I have Gimp 2.8.16

I do not think you will get the effect you want easily. The settings you should
look at are brush dynamics.

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-dynamics.html plus plenty youtube videos if
you search.

One thing to note is brush spacing. This is a percentage of brush size, not a
spacing in pixels.

The default pre-made dynamics are write-protected, so you need to make a copy of
one (say, dynamics off which is blank) which you can then edit.

some examples:

No dynamics - regular brush - https://i.imgur.com/oNgFUYM.jpg

Size varies with velocity https://i.imgur.com/SsCJ54u.jpg

More than one variable - size and spacing https://i.imgur.com/G5f36J2.jpg