[Gimp-user] How to Lock layers?

Am using 2.8.16 - nothing changes in the layers view to let me know
that I have locked both pixels and transparency - is there not a way
to see this?

Gimp 2.8.16 no mention of OS Are you using Windows or OSX or linux?

Did you look at the screenshot in the other post, it shows the locks top of the
layer dock.

No matter, here is another one.

This in Windows and have to admit not as clear as say linux but the little icons
do change, dotted line around, bit of shading, depends on your Gimp theme.

A more useful indication is the brush cursor changes. see  screenshot

The ultimate indication is; Can you paint on the layer? Yes - not locked, No -
locked.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/765/original/locked.jpg