Sent: Monday, August 28, 2017 7:14 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Cc: notifications gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] Changing the text on this image

Hi,
I am new to Gimp2 and have an image on my website that I want to change.

I only have the final jpg file that I have attached.

On this image, it says the word "Webinar" to change that, I guess I would need need to replicate the color and go over the word to effectively "rub it out" and
then make the text and place it.

Which tools should I use ?
Do I need to add layers etc. ?

Any guidance much appreciated.