[Gimp-user] Fancy PS Templates in GIMP

I see these Photoshop templates where you can put it an image and it
shows it at an angle on a stack of business cards, or automatically on
a billboard or the side of a truck or wrapped around a soda can or a
bifold/trifold...

How do you use those templates in GIMP?

I don't own photoshop (other than essentials), but I assume I can
bring in a flat image and Photoshop is doing the work to wrap the
image onto whatever that template shape is.  Am I making the wrong
assumption?

I know PS can use macros (collections of keystrokes/events) maybe these are
incorporated into the PS template to size and deform your image to the required
shape. In addition PS uses adjustment/effect layers, often incorporated in PS
templates.

Gimp does not use any of those. You might be able to use part of a PS template
and scale / transform tools manually on your image, to fit in.

More trouble than it is worth. Better to create your own.

Here is a video example, sort of 'billboard' https://youtu.be/g0qX90S6_70 I used
a plugin there but regular Perspective Transform works equally well.  At **lot**
more hands-on than PS

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)