Re: [Gimp-user] Files with .webp

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 5:46 PM, Paula Koval <paula koval gmail com> wrote:

Greetings, All!  I have found that if I try to use an image file that has
the extension/file type   *.webp  Gimp will not open it because it is an
unknown file type.  Is there a fix for this that I can apply?

Thank you,

It means that your GIMP build does not contain the requisite plugin for
webp files.

I'd offer you my builds, but you may be told that it's not "official".