Re: [Gimp-user] Printing Alignment

On 04/21/2017 08:00 AM, pearlheartgtr wrote:
I've been having this problem for ages. When I position an image in the print
setup, it always ends up printing in the top left corner. I can reposition the
image anywhere on the page, but it never prints that way.

What I'm trying to do is print out an image, if I need to resize or edit it, I
want to reuse the paper and print the new size in a different spot on the page.
Currently, I have to flip the page and turn it over to print on the corners (I
only get 4 prints out of a page that way). It would be nice to just drop the
image next to the previous one.

WIndows 10
Canon MP560
Gimp 2.8

The only solution I know of is to use a desktop publishing application
to make a PDF file with your image positioned as desired.  Scribus is a
good option.

This is a very long standing problem, vs. not a problem except that the
feature in question leads users to believe that the GIMP can do
something it actually can't do.

If anyone knows how to make the feature in question work, do please clue
us in...

:o)