From: gimp-user-list <gimp-user-list-bounces gnome org> on behalf of rich2005 <forums gimpusers com>
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2017 11:02 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Cc: notifications gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] Scale and rotate at same time

My question is, "can a person manipulate an object by rotating it,
while in the "scale" mode. And if so "how"? If someone could get back
ASAP, I would appreciate it, cause I'm currently working on the
project now! Thanks!

I could be wrong but I do not think there is a script or plugin that will let
you scale and rotate at the same time in Gimp 2.8 in real time.

You could use the measure tool and record the length/angle between two points
for use in the scale/rotate dialogues.

Otherwise you might have to wait for Gimp 2.10 or try out 2.9.5 dev version

For Gimp 2.9.5 Windows try www.partha.com<http://www.partha.com> and for linux 'buntu & derivatives
there is a ppa. OSX ?

This is diving straight in, there is probably a better way of using the handle
transform tool but it is all in one go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N5LdgNLE-o  all of 1 min 30 secs

rich:www.gimp-forum.net

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums<http://www.gimpusers.com/forums>)
[http://www.gimpusers.com/assets/news_without_preview-35e621160a49ad0e6c18ac84161f548e.jpg]<http://www.gimpusers.com/forums>

Forums — gimpusers.com<http://www.gimpusers.com/forums>
www.gimpusers.com
Forums. While there are many different GIMP forums of there, our own forums provide an extended way to
communicate because they are connected to the official GIMP ...