[Gimp-user] Wrong Language OS X Sierra

I'm running Mac OS 10.12.4 My copy of Gimp is in what appears to be Thai and I
cannot change it to English.

I've already tried things from the following threads:
http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-user/15485-download-of-gimp-in-wrong-language
http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-user/18561-choice-of-language
http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-user/11230-change-language-in-gimp
http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-user/17238-interface-language-problem

I've tried opening the Preferences and just guessing.

I've updated my .bash_profile with "export LC_ALL='en_US.UTF-8'"

I've tried editing the "GIMP" file inside the app package.

I've added UK English as the secondary to my languages preferences control panel
(US English being the primary).

My locale output:
my_other_brain:~ sean$ locale
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"

Please tell me how to fix this. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

--
wagonlips (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)