Re: [Gimp-user] Want to have clone tool fade

I'm not sure if it will give you what you want, but try making a brush with a very low "hardness' factor and use it for cloning. I was looking for a way to feather my cloning, too.

Rick S.

-----Original Message----- From: Judy Wilson
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2017 10:40 AM
To: gimp-user
Subject: [Gimp-user] Want to have clone tool fade

I have been using the GIMP for years and I love it, though I don't do
many of the fancy things. I have tried to figure out how to make a
"fade" with the clone tool (and paint tool). I found this site
https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-dynamics.html and I see all kinds of
fancy "dynamics" and maybe what I want has something to do with
"opacity" but I can't figure it out. Can anyone help? I'm getting old.
I'll be 74 next month! :-D I've always gotten great help from this list.
I live in Belize! Judy Wilson