[Gimp-user] Layer on top of a .gif

I have tried many ways to put a non-moving layer of text on top of a
.gif
image.  So far, the best I can do is to add the text page to the
moving
image and have it flash.  Does anyone know how to put a transparent
layer
with non-moving text on top of a moving .gif image?  Thank you for
considering my question.

More animations?

using Gimp

Get this script, pop into your GImp profile ".\gimp-2.8\scripts"

http://chiselapp.com/user/saulgoode/repository/script-fu/wiki?name=sg-combine-bg

Read the instructions

Make text layer

"Open as layers" the animation (gif) to put on top of the text layer.

Use Filters -> Animation -> Overlay background

Delete the original background layer (if required)

Export the file as a something.gif

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)