Re: [Gimp-user] setting preferences to imches?

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 4:09 AM, Creighton wrote:
I downloaded the gimp 2.8.18. on mac osX.11.6.
I have set my increments to inches. when i open a new document,
it opens in pixels, even if my previous document is in inches.
How do i get gimp to always show my new documents in inches?
( or whatever incrament i want)

1. File -> New...
2. Change units to inches, click OK.

Now every time you use that dialog, GIMP will use inches by default.
GIMP will also remember that preference across sessions.

Alternatively, you can open the Preferences dialog, go to the Default
Image page, and set desired default image size in the units you need
(or just change the units). This setting will also be preserved across
sessions.

Alex