Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP in Japanese

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 9:27 PM, Brendan Ragan wrote:
Hi Folks,

Avid GIMP user for years, but limited technical expertise. I recently
upgraded to OS Sierra on my Macbook, and now my GIMP is in Japanese. I
can't figure it out! I've clicked around as much as I can in all the menus
to no avail. I uninstalled and reinstalled, still in japanese. I also
watched about every single outdated youtube tutorial I could find, and none
helped. English is listed as my primary language in System Preferences >
Language and Region.

1. http://imgur.com/a/rsXy5

2. In the newly opened Preferences dialog, go to the second page from top.

3. Select UI language in the topmost drop-down list.

Also, please read this and let us know if you can submit more
information to help us investigate this:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list/2016-October/msg00159.html

Alex