Re: [Gimp-user] Adjusting the opacity of a layer

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 3:02 PM, James Moe <jimoe sohnen-moe com> wrote:

opensuse 42.1 (linux)
gimp 2.8.16

  To adjust an image for background use, I would add a layer filled with
white, then adjust the opacity until the image has been faded to some
desired level.
  I searched the docs. It recommended using the Mode option from the
Layer menu. There is no Mode option.

  In Photoshop changing the opacity of a layer is trivial.
  How do I do so in GIMP?

You do the same thing in GIMP. Open an image. Add a layer. Then fill with
white. In the layer menu options sidebar you'll see Mode and Opacity. Like
Photoshop, Mode allows you to change the layer attribute - Normal, overlay
etc. while opacity does what it says. :)

Hope that helps.

--
James Moe
moe dot james at sohnen-moe dot com