[Gimp-user] How do I trim or add x pixels from/to every edge?

Possibly try the Erode or Dilate commands?

Or make a selection of all of the areas based on color, then use
selection
Grow or Shrink?

Thank you - I'll give those a try,.I've been messing with various layer options,
nothing I've tried so far has given me a distinct amount - not too significant
with the hypothetical Tux, but when the image has a number of smaller lines, it
would be significant.

The color selection for Grow or Shrink would be easy, I select the areas I need
and then turn them solid black to make the stencil.

--
qnr (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)