[Gimp-user] Can't open extremely large .PNG

Me, I would try ImageMagicks' 'convert' utility.

I couldn't figure out how to get into its command line from Windows 10. It
launches a little window called IMDisplay, but there are no buttons anywhere to
get into the command line. If I just open the image, IMDisplay errors out.

I'm an absolute newbie on this, I'm sorry. The documentation on the site all
appears to assume I already know how to get into the command line. It's not the
windows command line either, because it doesn't seem to recognize the convert
command I need.

I'm really lost. Even the beginner tutorials assume much more competence about
this than I can bring to the table. Can you please explain to me how to get into
the console?

--
Deixis (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)