Re: [Gimp-user] How to Open Pdf File?

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 3:49 AM, Clipper <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
Thanks Jan,

I have Adobe Reader but do not see an export option, just Save as... but not
sure how to make that work.

I am running windows 10 and have a very limited budget on this volunteer
project.

Was looking at PDF print drivers on-line. This seems like a simple solution.
Do you have any recommendations for one that will allow me to use a custom paper
size of 26" X 38" and maintain 1200 dpi.  Are you familiar with PDF 995, will
that work?

Printing to pdf may indeed be a good solution. I can't give you good
advice on which "PDF printer driver" to install because I don't use
Windows. It is much easier on Linux where such features are default.

If you don't manage this way, I could also advise Scribus, which has a
good support for importing, editing and exporting PDF for printing:
https://www.scribus.net/
Note: use the development release (1.5.x) and not the stable release.
The different in PDF support is huge.

Now for your usage, Scribus may be a little overdoing it. It does not
look like you are looking for that much. But well that's still a good
Free Software to know about, if ever you had more needs for making
documents for the printer.

Jehan

Many Thanks Clipper

--