Re: [Gimp-user] How to Open Pdf File?

Am 05.10.2016 um 07:34 schrieb Clipper:
Sorry, You are right I should have explained the problem not my frustration.  My
PDF file is a collection of layered  text, line work,  .jpg, and transparent
.png images.  My local printer says he cannot print it and it needs to be
flattened.

Open the file in a PDF reader, then export it to a simpler PDF level,
flattening out all the forms, javascript and fancy features it might have.

You can also install a "Print to PDF" printer driver on your machine.
This does exactly this: Creating a printable PDF from any PDF —or any
other content you might want to print.

Sorry not being more specific, but you hadn't been either (about OS,
willingneess to pay $$$ etc.)

Kind regards

        Jan