[Gimp-user] GAP Help: Cannot Split Video into Frames

I'm having some trouble using the "Split Video into Frames" feature of the GAP
plugin and was wondering what I was doing wrong.

I'm using the latest version of GIMP (2.8.18) and the latest version of GAP I
could find (2.6). When I go to Video > Split Video into Frames > Extract Video
Range, I'm able to select the video I want (the one I'm using is an mp4), choose
frames I want (in this case, I'm working with about 200 frames of animation),
and set the audio track to 0 (because I'm intending to use the feature to make
gifs), and select the option to make one multi-layer image. But, when I select
OK, I get this error message:

"Calling error for procedure 'gimp-drawable-has-alpha':
Procedure 'gimp-drawable-has-alpha' has been called with an invalid ID for
argument 'drawable'. Most likely a plug-in is trying to work on a layer that
doesn't exist any longer."

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any and all help.

--
Tullia (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)