[Gimp-user] Transparent Workspace Like in Mischief?

I sometimes use the software "Mischief" because it has this great feature where
I can trace whatever image is on my screen.  Does anyone know if there is a way
to do that using GIMP?

I've already thought of doing a screenshot and then pasting that into Gimp as a
"background layer."  It just takes a long time to do this when I'm doing it over
and over all day long.  It would be better to do what gimp does and just trace
what's on the monitor.

--
michaelgustavson (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)