Re: [Gimp-user] Resyntheszer

On 24/11/16 03:49, Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list wrote:
I have downloaded Resynthesizer, to get Heal Selection and Heal Transparency.

I made the .py files executable, and transferred them and the resynthesizer[-gui] files to the location
that GIMP specifies is where plug-ins should go
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins

"Heal-___" appear in the menu, but when I activate the form, I get the following error window detail:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 736, in response
     dialog.res = run_script(params)
   File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 361, in run_script
     return apply(function, params)
   File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-heal-selection.py", line 148, in heal_selection
     pdb.plug_in_resynthesizer(timg, tdrawable, 0,0, useBorder, work_drawable.ID, -1, -1, 0.0, 0.117, 16, 500)
error: procedure not found
Running from terminal, I found why the procedure was not found:

/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/resynthesizer: error while loading shared libraries: libgimpui-2.0.so.0: wrong ELF
class: ELFCLASS64
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/resynthesizer-gui: error while loading shared libraries: libgimpui-2.0.so.0: wrong
ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Some research seems to indicate that "wrong ELF class" is a 32-bit vs 64-bit issue.
Since I installed Lubuntu 16.10 as 64-bit, I guess I should assume that the resynthesizer* files somehow are
32-bit.

Does there exist a 64-bit version of resynthesizer, or is there a way around this problem?
There was no mention of this issue where I got the files:
http://registry.gimp.org/node/27986

Google-ing the problem only resulted in two suggestions:
1. get a different GIMP that already has Heal-x and Resynth. installed  (throw the baby out with the
bathwater)
2. install gimp-plugin-registry (install what seems like hundreds of plugins that I don't want, to get the 2
or 3 that I do want = Overkill - Similar to when I originally tried to get Nemo file manager, and (at the
time) also had to install the entire Cinnamon desktop...)

There must be a place to get just the two resynthesizer files, that are compatible with my system...
(One assumes that the .py files, being interpreted scripts, don't come in 32-bit vs 64-bit versions.)

if you are on Ubuntu or a variant, you can get up-to-date Gimp and a matching copy of the more popular plugins (including resynthesizer) by adding Otto Kesselgulash's PPA to your software sources:

https://launchpad.net/~otto-kesselgulasch/+archive/ubuntu/gimp

From there you can install packages 'gimp' (which is the latest version 2.8.18), 'gimp-plugin-registry' (several useful plugins including resynthesizer) and 'gmic'.