Re: [Gimp-user] How do I use paintbrush on an image?

On 19/11/16 04:05, iGameHard wrote:
I want to edit an image using a paintbrush, but for some reason it doesn't
work.  Can someone tell me why?

"It doesn't work" is vague. Several possible reasons:

- Your layer is not the active layer and your painting elsewhere (channel or invisible layer)

- You are trying to paint outside the boundaries of the active layer

- There is a selection and you are trying to paint outside of it

- The "mode" of the paint tool is not "normal"

Otherwise, more information would be useful, in particular do you get a "forbidden" sign on the pointer?