[Gimp-user] Cannot find folders or files

I purchased a new computer and downloaded gimp 2.  I previously used Windows 7
and had n difficulty with Gimp...always found everything I needed.  I tried to
open a file to edit for a presentation and cannot find ANY folders or files from
my computer in GIMP.  Is there some secret to finding folders and files.  I have
tried every place I can to access folders from MY DOCUMENTS.
Any help appreciated.

--
cjm111 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)