[Gimp-user] Problem with Crashing after adding more brushes

I have GIMP version 2.8.10 on my laptop running Windows 10I have been trying to add more brushes, however,
when I do either GIMP won't completely load (usually at the point where it is updating tag cache) or when I
go to start a NEW project it comes up that it has stopped working and Windows is checking for solutions and
then shuts down.
If I remove the brushes from the GIMP brushes folder it works again. I just don't understand why it would
keep crashing.
I hope you may have heard of this previously and might know of a solution.
Thanks.