[Gimp-user] Gimp Font List or remove unwanted fonts

I just went into /System/Libary/Fonts and removed some. I had to type
in my admin name and password. However, I'm running OS 10.6.8. I'll
have to try with a later system and find out if that's a change Apple
made on later systems. Will let you know.

Ross

Hi Ross,

Thank you for suggesting this. However, while Yosemite (apparently) allows users
to deactivate system fonts, El Capitan does not. As someone else pointed out,
both the deactivate and remove options are greyed out in Font Book. (Probably in
other font manager programs as well, though I haven't tried any of those.)

I believe you are also the person who suggested taking the machine to a
Certified Apple Technician to recover a system password. This is probably a
great idea; however, I have a bunch of physical limitations that make this a
Huge Journey. Thank you for the suggestion, and I will consider doing so if I
cannot solve the problem some other way. Possibly through the use of GIMP's
fonts.conf elsewhere on this thread, which I will look into.

Snowyn

--
Snowyn (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)