Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp Font List or remove unwanted fonts

First, what version of OSX are you using?

I just tried removing a system font under Yosemite, and it worked. I have to assume that the account you are
using does not have root administration access.

If you are running El Capitan, then the way I've been told it works is that when you attempt to make a
modification to the system-reserved software, Apple sends a message to one of your other devices (iPhone,
iPad, iPod, etc.) that asks you to verify your Apple ID. When you do so from that device, your computer will
grant you full access. In other words, even if you are logging in as the sole administrative user, you have
to verify that semi-independently to get full access. That means that if your computer is stolen, they have
to steal at least one other device and have your Apple ID to get full access. Nice of Apple—to force you to
buy another Apple device.

That's as I understand it, as I haven't "upgraded" to the latest version, though I will do so shortly. I'm
glad Apple takes security as seriously as they do. I just wish they were still good enough to do it in a user
friendly manner.

Apple has a very good support site: Apple.com/support.

"Those who give up their liberty to gain security deserve neither." —Benjamin Franklin

Ross