Re: [Gimp-user] .GIF help with GIMP

On 03/21/2016 04:08 AM, Sunny Chauhan wrote:
Good morning

I was hoping you may be able to assist me

Now i have a .GIF which I want to remove/render the BACKGROUND only and replace it with a static background
as the .GIF loops within the static background image

I have searched google and YouTube videos and majority of the videos/instructions refer to
rendering/removing a static image on a static background.

I have read your guides and there isn't much information about this option

I was hoping you'd be able to help me with this?

If I understand the question, the solution would be to create an
image where your changing backgrounds are layers, stacked in the
order you want them displayed from bottom to top.  Then add your
foreground content on a layer of its own, and duplicate it until you
have as many copies as there are background layers.  Merge one of
these copies down with each of your background layers, to create the
frames of your animation.

Not sure if doing Filters > Animation > Optimize in this case would
reduce the animated GIF's file size much, but there's no harm
trying:  https://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/plug-in-optimize.html

For display on a web page, it might be better in some cases to use a
CSS div to create a box where the background is your animation,
without any foreground content included, and put your foreground
image inside the div as a PNG image with a transparent background,
positioned in the box via margin or padding declarations.  Then you
could change foreground images without having to re-do the animation.

:o)