Re: [Gimp-user] How, really, to do text?

On Fri, 2016-03-11 at 20:30 -0800, David Benfell wrote:
Hi all,

Fiddling with anti-aliasing and hinting isn't working for me. Any
text I add to an image is horribly pixelated and the help I'm finding
with web searches isn't working. I've tried adding the text at full
size and I tried scaling the image to twice the size and adding text,
and then scaling it back down. It still looks unbelievably awful.

OK, my telepathy skills are failing me here, and there is no single
simple answer.

Maybe some more details will help...

* what font are you using *exactly*?
* which GIMP version on which operating environment (e.g. gimp 2.2 on
Mac OS 9, or gimp 2.8.14 on Mageia Linux 5, or what?) *exactly*?
* If it's GIMP 2.8.14 unger GNOME on a GNU/Linux system, is the text in
other applications also pixellated in the same way? You might have
disabled antialiasing system-wide, for example?
* what size is the text, in pixels?
* how are you adding the text? E.g. are you using the GIMP text tool,
or are you pasting pictures of text?

Liam