Re: [Gimp-user] Whitening Background

On Sun, 06 Mar 2016 06:54:17 +0100, Phoophan wrote:

I took a photo with my phone of a simple Blank & White label.  I opened it in
Gimp and saved it as a .PNG file.  What I need to do is brighten or whiten the
label background.  When the picture is printed the White comes out greyish.  I
need to whiten this greyish background so when I print the label it comes out
White.

Use the Curves dialog (from the Colours menu).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >