Re: [Gimp-user] confirm 2a3825098e54d3a429da74d094c0460ac6cb01e1

On Friday 24 June 2016 02:50:32 Michael Schumacher wrote:

Gesendet: Freitag, 24. Juni 2016 um 04:06 Uhr
Von: "Gene Heskett" <gheskett shentel net>
An: Richard <strata_ranger hotmail com>
Cc: "gimp-user-list gnome org" <gimp-user-list gnome org>
Betreff: Re: [Gimp-user] confirm
2a3825098e54d3a429da74d094c0460ac6cb01e1

I got one yesterday threatening to remove me if I got one more
bounce. For 1, count 'em (according to the message) bounce. Hello,
this is the internet folks, stuff happens!

IMO the one bounce and you're out sucks dead toads thru soda straws,
particularly in view of the worsening infrastructure of the US in
the last 20 years.

It's "one more bounce". Meaning that you have had many of them before
- so you could go check the list archives and see how many of the
messages you didn't receive, and then ask your mail provide why you
didn't receive them.

That is an automatic 30 minute phone call because I have to convince each
flunky answering the phone that I need to talk to someone about an email
problem.  There is at least 4 layers of useless dweebs before I get to
someone who at least knows what fetchmail or linux is. I only make that
call when things are really stuffed.

That is not what the server message says. The server's message always
says one bounce, and quotes the bounced message, the frequency of the
messages is about monthly.  The bounce score in the message is under 2%.
And yet I am being threatened with an automatic ubsubscribe?  It doesn't
figure.

Also, you are alternating between different sender addresses -
@shentel.net and @wdtv.com. The latter is not subscribed to the
gimp-user mailing lists and ends up in the moderation queue.

That should not have happened as my account on that server has been
removed, but to be sure I just removed the wdtv.com from the sending
choices so it can't "catch me up".

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)