Re: [Gimp-user] confirm 2a3825098e54d3a429da74d094c0460ac6cb01e1

On Thursday 23 June 2016 22:26:19 Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Gene Heskett <gheskett shentel net> [06-23-16 22:08]:
On Thursday 23 June 2016 11:47:13 Richard wrote:
From: gheskett shentel net
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 00:11:28 -0400
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] confirm
2a3825098e54d3a429da74d094c0460ac6cb01e1

On Wednesday 22 June 2016 20:18:24

gimp-print-devel-request lists sourceforge net wrote:
Your membership in the mailing list Gimp-print-devel has been
disabled due to excessive bounces [ . . . ]

Some time ago I received a similar message from
gimp-developer-list. I was a little confused (and suspicious)
since I have never received such a message from gimp-user-list.
(Incidentally, I have not received any messages from
gimp-developer-list since then; maybe it was legit.)

Can anyone share further information about this?

IDK ATM. I am in central WV, much of which has been either in the
dark for the last 15 hours, or listening to standby generator, which
I have, a 20kw nat gas automatic.  It started at about 3:22 this
morning, and finally shut down for the last time about 18:07 this
evening.

I got one yesterday threatening to remove me if I got one more
bounce. For 1, count 'em (according to the message) bounce. Hello,
this is the internet folks, stuff happens!

IMO the one bounce and you're out sucks dead toads thru soda straws,
particularly in view of the worsening infrastructure of the US in
the last 20 years.

I am on shentel.net for both internet and phone, did that several
years ago when verizon's old copper got so bad I was out of a phone
for all but 2 weeks of the first 4 months of the year, and verizon
had the unmitigated gaul to get their knickers in a knot over my
"harrassing" them by calling the P.U.C., which can lean on them
legally if they have to.  At that point I didn't have, nor could I
find, a quarter to call somebody that cared as I damned sure didn't
when a working phone is part of a COPD victims (my wife) lifeline.
Shentel is doing their email server someplace in the "cloud" and its
scary fast, so I've no clue why they would ever bounce a mailing
list message addressed to me.

But this msg even though my filters seem to have missfired, is being
CC:'d back to the list just to see if I have well and truly been
un-subscribed.

I wish I knew what their reasoning is.  But those people can't be
bothered to respond to a list member, beneath their dignity or ???

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com

your mail, the mail in question, was not cc'd "back to the list".  It
was addressed directly to the list.  Perhaps you erred.

It went out of here addressed to you, and CC:d to the list. And I now
have 2 copies of it from the list, only one of which shows it was To:
the list.

It didn't leave here addressed To: the list.  To: you, and CC:'d to the
list, but this discussion is overshadowing my complaint.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)