[Gimp-user] Exporting PDFs

Thank you guys, this really has helped. I did not realize Gimps coding for PDFs
has stayed the same through the different versions. I been scanning big layout
plans in the plotter and the machine is saving them in a PDF format. Once I
noticed the lower quality  I tested it on this simple line drawing and that's
when I noticed how much Gimp was lowering the quality, but I also didn't notice
the import settings and here I am thinking it was an export feature problem.
Thank you again!

Erick

Hi,
I read a few discussions but non seem to help. I don't like the export
feature or that it increases my PDF sizes greatly, but I can work
around it. My problem is whenever I export to PDF gimp  is lowering
the quality of my PDFs. I can deal with the export feature and the PDF
size increase but not the loss in quality. To test this I used a line
drawing, I opened it on gimp, without making any chances I exported it
and right away I could tell the difference of just how much blurry the
lines look. I done overwrite, export, export as, I tried looking into
settings to see if I can increase the quality of the export but I'm
not finding anything.
Has anybody notice this? Any suggestions on what I can do?

--
ErickG (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)