Re: [Gimp-user] Wacom tablet (Intous Pro with Touch, large.

Hello,

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Henry W. Peters <hwpeters jamadots com> wrote:
Hi,

Running Ubuntu Studio, XFCE, Gimp 2.14...  I now have a Wacom tablet
(Intous Pro with Touch,  large. I have all the Wacom drivers, etc. that
Synaptic has... cannot figure out how (or if) the touch features would
work... & ditto the buttons on the tablet...

Intuos pro (if not mistaken, this is just a rename of the Intuos 5,
right?) works fine under Linux.
Because of limitations of GTK+2 (so this will improve when the port to
GTK+3 will be finished), you must have the tablet plugged in before
starting GIMP, and the first time, go to Edit > "Input Devices", there
you should see your tablet, stylus, etc. listed. Select these and set
the mode to "Screen" instead of "Disabled". Then it should work fine,
with pen sensitivity and all.

As for buttons and touch, this is not GIMP specific. The driver is
taking care of it and it should work already out of GIMP, doesn't it?
If touch does not work in your normal day-to-day use, there is a
problem with drivers packaged with your distribution, I would guess.
This tablet has been supported for quite a while now in the kernel.

Jehan

Any clear suggestions on how (& or where) to get all the features on
this tablet to function.

Thanks.

Henry