Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP Message Image type 'png' is not supported

On 06/05/2016 08:28 PM, Bob Long wrote:
YuGiOhJCJ Mailing-List wrote on 06/06/16 07:13:

On Sun, 5 Jun 2016 23:11:43 +0200
YuGiOhJCJ Mailing-List <yugiohjcj-mailinglist laposte net> wrote:

Hello,

I have cross-compiled gimp-2.8.16 (from linux 32 bit to windows 32 bit).

It runs well on Windows 8.1, but when I do "File > Save As... > Save", I get the following popup window:
"GIMP Message Image type 'png' is not supported"

Any idea what could be the cause?

You need to do "File > Export..." when "saving" as non-XCF format.

Thank you.
Best regards.

Here is a screenshot of this popup window:
http://yugiohjcj.free.fr/gimp-save-xcf-error-png-not-supported.png

My Web browser could not connect to that.

wget wgot it.  It's a notification window with the title "GIMP Message,"
saying:

GIMP Message
Image type 'png' not supported

(OK button follows)

I checked my local notification by "saving" a PNG file with GIMP 2.8.10
on Mint.  I got a bigger notification window, with the title "Extension
Mismatch," saying:

You can use this dialog to save to the GIMP XCF format.  Use File >
Export to export to other file formats.

"Take me to the Export dialog" follows as an underlined hyperllink, and
when clicked the notification window closes and replaces the Save dialog
with the Export dialog.

(OK button follows)

If the notification dialog has not changed to the first one described
above in GIMP 2.10.16, the problem sounds more like DLL Hell or
something similar than export vs. save commands.  Is your compiled
version linked to a PNG library it knows how to find and use?