[Gimp-user] Merging Two Images

Anyone,

I'd like to learn steps on how to merge  two images into one. As an example I'd like to merge the two
attached (Coal & Gavatorta_footer_Banner) to ultimately look like something in the attached (IDOA4).

Essentially I'd like to learn the steps to merge my banner (gavatort_footer_banner) at the bottom of images
(like Coal).

Any help on listing the basic steps to do this would be greatly appreciated. I'm a novice so easy step by
step process would be perfect.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Steve