[Gimp-user] heal within selection / light & dark boundaries

I need to use the healing tool to fix some skin that borders a very dark area.
When the brush gets too close to the dark area, it starts sampling from it and
messes everything up. Is there a way to select the light area that needs healing
to constrain the action of the tool to just the selected area?

I've tried using the heal selection filter, but it keeps generating really weird
results. I just want to control the boundary of the healing brush, once I can do
that, this will be a very simple edit.  Any suggestions? Thanks!

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/259/original/light_dark_skin.jpg

--
paulduane (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)