[Gimp-user] Need help with Gimp keyboard shortcuts

Hello All,

The company I work with is looking to switch from Photoshop to Gimp. One of the
keyboard shortcuts that is frequently used in Photoshop by our employees is
Ctrl+Alt+Shift and the directional arrow keys. This is used with the marquee
tool to copy and paste the selected part of the image without having to manually
drag the selection with the mouse. So far I have not been able to find a similar
keyboard shortcut inside of Gimp. If anyone can help me it would be much
appreciated. Also, this is my first post here so please let me know if I left
anything out or didn't follow etiquette.

I have attached a quick screen of a sample image we would be using this on.

The selected region is copy and pasted by using the Ctrl+Alt+Shift and right
arrow key to clear the vertical combed lines from the image.

Thank you in advance for the help,
Craig

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/257/original/example.png