Re: [Gimp-user] 8-bit tiff export

It's not a problem in Gimp. After you've imported your TIFF photo, just delete the page or layer you don't want. When you figure out which page or layer the photo is always on, just import that one.

Rick

-----Original Message----- From: Sven Claussner
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 12:01 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] 8-bit tiff export

On  26.1.2016 at 10:44 AM Phillipm2001 wrote:
When I convert a NEF file in View NX2 (Nikon software) to an 8-bit tiff, I am prompted to import two pages into gimp. I have the choice of importing pages or
layers. One layer is blank and the other layer contains the image.

Hi,

to me this clearly looks like an export issue in ViewNX2.
GIMP can only import what's there.

Greetings

Sven