[Gimp-user] merging two layers in python-fu

Hi,
We would probably accept a patch that adds a PDB function to merge a
specified set of layers. But we don't even have this functionality in
the core, so that would have to be added first.

Sven
I realise that this is an old thread but I was looking to do the same thing. I
was just about to adopt the solution noted above when I found the
gimp-image-merge-down function. I haven't tried it yet but the description says
that it merges the layer passed and the first visible layer below. Hope this
helps anyone else treading the same path.

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)