Re: [Gimp-user] Where is the Gimp Text Editor located

You should see a checkbox control (Use Editor) in the text tool's Tool
Options dialog.

----Original Message----
From: drsfunderwood wave-net net
Date: 18/02/2016 13:32
To: <gimp-user-list gnome org>
Subj: [Gimp-user] Where is the Gimp Text Editor located

I am a novice at GIMP and getting more frustrated at every turn. I am
doing
a simple map. Outline, rivers, a few geographic features and some
towns. I
want to add text. I think I'm hitting the text icon under Toolbox (A T
next
to an A) but when I hit the function I do not get GIMP TEXT EDITOR. I
simply gives me a box that I can type into but will not let me
center/copy/past on the map. What am I missing where do I find the
GIMP
TEXT EDITOR box as shown in the tutorial?