[Gimp-user] unit help

I am having difficulty setting the units for an image. By default my
GIMP installation (OS X/GIMP v2.8.16) displays the image size in
pixels, print size in mm and resolution in ppi - as in the Image
Properties dialog. I would like the print size info to be consistent
with the resolution info. I believe this ought to be configurable but
can't find how to do this.

I looked at Image > Print Size and the Set Image Print Resolution
dialog. By default the print size is shown in mm and resolution in ppi
(pixels/in).  I hit the Reset button, and this configures the
resolution into pixels/mm after which the Image properties dialog at
least dispalays both print size and resolution in millimetres and
pixels/mm respectively, but of course I would like the info both in
imperial inches.

You might think (like me) that changing the Set Image Print Resolution
dialog to Inches and pxcels/in respectively would do the trick, but no!
If after I then open the Image Properties dialog the Print size is
displayed in millimeters and the resolution in ppi. Also, if I re-open
Set Image Print Resolution the Print Size property has defaulted back
to mm.

Thanks in anticipation.

-u