Re: [Gimp-user] Linking Layers?

User manual, section 4 "Layer groups"

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 12:02 AM, PlasticTopHat <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

My current drawing is really building up an amazing collection of layers. I
still would like to be able to edit these layers individually later on,
but for
now I would be happy with having some of them "collapsed" in groups. I'd
rather
not merge them together and have to store individual layers in a separate
file
to import later. Is there an easy way to "collapse" a group of layers?

For instance, the drawing is of a wooden cross with ivy growing on it. I
have
three layers of ivy leaves, each a slightly different shade. I would like
collapse them into a "leaves" group that takes up less space in my layers
menu,
but still have them expandable if I decide to edit them later.

Is there a way to do that, or something similar?

--
PlasticTopHat (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)