[Gimp-user] GIMP forgets I'm using a tablet mid-project.

I've looked through the forums and can't find anything about this
issue, but whenever I'm trying to draw, randomly after switching layer
or doing anything that isn't stroking my pen on the canvas, gimp
forgets I'm using a wacom and loses all pressure settings. It treats
my pen strokes as mouse strokes. I'm using a bamboo wacom. CTL-471
model. I've reinstalled and everything.
Apparently, what causes this is clicking outside of the canvas.
I'm trying to animate a gif here... this is aggravating. I would like to be able
to finish a 12 frame gif before christmas break ends.

--
Freaksake (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)