Re: [Gimp-user] Gradient tool : how to modify the gradient ?

right click on the gradient you want to copy

select "duplicate gradient"

an editable copy of that gradient will open.

On 12/18/2016 5:49 PM, Rick Strong wrote:
WIN 7 64 bit;  V. 2.8.16
I can't find any way to save the non-writable gradient to a copy that
I can edit. I've got the "Edit Gradient" tab up, and can see the
gradient, but there is no button/option to "save-as". There is a
"save" button, but that only saves that same gradient.

I must be missing something.

Rick S.

-----Original Message----- From: PierUgo
Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2016 1:27 PM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Gradient tool : how to modify the gradient ?

Le 18/12/2016 à 14:25, rich2005 a écrit :
Hi,

I'm trying to use the gradient tool, but I would like to modify the
gradient law. I guess that the modification takes place here :
http://prntscr.com/dkv3rp
but I can't do any modification.

When hovering the black and white triangle it says "click : select;
drag
: move.." etc, but these triangles don't react to any mouse action.

I have the same issue either on macOS or on Windows, so I probably
miss
something in the Gimp usage itself.

Gimp 2.18

Any help appreciated

The standard Gimp gradients are normally marked as non-writable so
you can not
edit them , see:

Edit -> Preferences -> Folders -> Gradients

Best leave it that way and duplicate the gradient you want to edit.
That saves
to your Gimp profile.

example attached.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net