Re: [Gimp-user] How to import fotos ?

On 10/12/2016 04:04 PM, Ofnuts wrote:
On 09/10/16 17:31, Michael wrote:
Hi there,

I downloaded the GIMP software for my iMac, but have so far been
unable to import my fotos from Apple's Foto application. I miss the
function to open the Foto App in order to import the fotos I want to
work on. Instead GIMP only asks to open a file.

Does anybody know how to import fotos from an iMac into GIMP.

Did you try drag and drop?

Don't underestimate "files".  They are a warranty of interoperability.
With other people. And with your future self, should you decide to
change machines and/or operating systems. Those who try to remove the
files from your grasp are trying to lock you in.

+1

Vendor lock-in is more than just a good idea, it's company policy at
Apple.  Of course, that's "good idea" from the perspective of Apple, not
Apple's customers who might want to use Free software, plug in
inexpensive generic hardware, etc.

This seems a likely answer to where the pictures went:

http://osxdaily.com/2011/08/30/where-iphoto-pictures-are-located/

:o)