[Gimp-user] Intallation issue

I have installed GIMP 2.8.18 and it appears Ok
However when I push the Start Icon the program seems to start but:
1. But no main windows shows up all I get is an icon on the task bar.
2. When I try to push the maximize on the task icon nothing happens

So my program does not run - I have idea what I did wrong.

I using windows 10 and there is plenty of room on d: drive where I installed it.
I tried installing it on C: but no difference
Please help
Micahel

--
michael99 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)