Re: [Gimp-user] Remove shine

LED lights can have a weird colour temperature and spectrum (white balance). If your camera can take a pre-set white balance under whatever LED lighting conditions, so much the better.

Rick S.

-----Original Message----- From: Liam R. E. Quin
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2016 7:56 PM
To: David Holland ; Steve Kinney ; gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Remove shine

On Sat, 2016-08-20 at 11:11 +0000, David Holland wrote:
Thank you both for your answersIf you copy this URL can you see it?
Yahoo mail is a bit tricky
"www.flickr.com/photos/14586608@N08/29025064471/in/dateposted-
public/"

Yes.

I have thought about using flash off camera but I am worried about
knocking it in small places.

Off-camera flash, or steady lights (you can get LED lights fairly
cheaply on ebay or aliexpress but I have not tried them), or put
something over the flash to direct the light upwards.

Since you still have good detail there; you could check in darktable
(assuming you're on Linux) or rawtherapee and see if any of the detail
can be recovered, but I doubt it.

An LED macro ring light is another possibility. But best is if the
light comes from the side, so it doesn't bounce off and hit the camera
lens. See if you can go without flash at all.