[Gimp-user] Problem with Windows Gimp 2.8 and Cage tool

Same Problem with Gimp 2.8.16 under Ubuntu 16.04 (AMd64)
Always reproductible even on a new blank image
GImp Hangs after closing the area during "Cage transformaton
computing"
The little circle area changes from grey to green but à 90% Everything
hangs.
It is the first time I use this tool but it never worked.

I exactly have the same problem as user kns mentioned. The cage transform tool
never worked for me, too. I'm using Linux Mint 18 64bit and Gimp 2.8.16, 8 GB
RAM. Please take a look at the attached screencast.

How can i fix the bug?

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/261/original/gimp_cage_transform.mp4

--