Re: [Gimp-user] Help with color of several shades

You can also dup the base layer, and decompose to B&W using channel mixer.
I would put the green contribution to 1.00 and remove red and blue until
you get a good mask that isolates the "mortar" (you can use "preserve
luminosity").  That is, the 'mortar' is all white, while most of the bricks
are all black.

Then duplicate the base layer again, add a layer mask, and copy/paste the
B&W layer as the mask.  This isolates the mortar.  You can use "colorize"
to adjust the hue/sat/lightness of the mortar then.

It sounds complicated.  It's not, but you'll need to be comfortable with
these operations to use it.  So I did it already:

http://filebin.net/6zog3m5uqo

Just use "Colors -> Colorize" on the top layer to get the colors you want.