Re: [Gimp-user] Working with images

On 24/04/16 01:13, Deborah Bates wrote:
I'm new to Gimp and not familiar with some of the terminology, so please
keep that in mind with your responses.  I have an image of a diamond that I
have scaled from 100% to 50%.  I want to duplicate that image side by side
all over the screen to use as a background.  What is the best way to do
that?  Thanks so much for your help!

You don't need Gimp for this, "tiling" the image is usually an option for wallpaper settings.

Otherwise:

- Open you image in Gimp
- File>New and create an image the size of your screen
- In the Diamond Image: "Select>All" and "Edit>Copy"
- Back to the new Image
- Select the "Bucket FIll" tool
- Go to the Tool options dialog (normally visible, otherwise Windows>Dockable dialogs>Tool options)
- Select "File type>Pattern fill"
- Click on the pattern icon right next to it
- Select the first pattern in your list (it should be called "Clipboard")
- Click on your wallpaper image
- File>Export the image