[Gimp-user] [Gimp 2.8] Pencil Cursor doesn't move with mouse cursor

In Gimp 2.8, when I move my mouse, the cursor itself moves (the pointer with the
little pencil symbol beside it), but the area that represents the pencil on the
canvas (the square, circle or whatever), doesn't. The area that represents the
pencil on the canvas only moves after I stop moving the pointer.

What's wrong? It there an option I need to set so that the area position updates
as I move the mouse?

This is one of the most frustrating things I've found in Gimp 2.8.

PS: I used the pencil tool as an example, but it happens with everything else.
The brush tool, the eraser tool, the selection tool (when I try to drag a
selection box, the box size doesn't update until I stop move the mouse for a
little bit).

--
Lucrecious (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)